Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wow I am fired up!

This is mostly directed toward to other ortho bloggers reading this.
Okay, I haven't been on here much lately, because I have been SO BUSY! But I still read all of your updates and love reading about your progress, I just don't have much time for comments lately!

But I had to get on here and share this. A lot of you probably have yahoo accounts or look at the yahoo homepage, and may have seen this article:

I absolutely am not a Palin fan, and whether you are or not is cool with me. But I read this article tonight and then skimmed through some comments, and they're just ridiculous. Basically everyone is just going on and on about how she had plastic surgery and she's lying, "I've never heard of braces for medical reasons, they are only cosmetic!" etc.
People are so ignorant and unbelievably just....stupid. It amazes me more every single day.

I have never left a comment on an article on yahoo, but I just had to tonight.
I said "You're all so incredibly ignorant. It's called "orthognathic surgery." Google it, and educate yourself. It is a medical condition, and it causes a lot of troublesome things during the every day lives of people who have misaligned jaws. Be thankful you do not have to live with it, and thankful you do not have to endure the painful surgery. It's due to a skeletal deformity that happens during growth. The stupidity of the world never ceases to amaze me.
If you would like to enlighten yourself and get your head out of your asses, you can check out my blog on my orthognathic surgery procedure, and see for yourself what it's like. http://whitneysjawsurgery.blogspot.com/
I have several followers on there that are documenting their journey as well and you can read their experiences too."
That was the extremely nice way of putting what I am actually thinking right now.

It just goes back to what I have said several times on here, and I know a lot of you are dealing with...It doesn't matter what you say, some people are still going to be idiots and think this is a cosmetic procedure you elected.
My genioplasty when I had my orthognathic surgery was purely cosmetic and my choice, I have no problem saying that. Obviously the rest was not. However, you can't argue with stupidity.

I may end up with some crazy comments on here if people actually see my comment. Can't wait for that! :)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” -Albert Einstein

5 comments:

  1. I am not really sure that she had jaw surgery, but I do completely agree that there are a lot of people who are not familiar with the surgery. I kind of think that's why she is saying she had corrective jaw surgery, because not many people know about it and therefore can't call her out! If you look at her before pictures, her bite is perfect, and she never had braces in the time period that she said she had the surgery, so I think she may have just had a genio. It doesn't look like her bite changes at all between the before and after pictures. I could be wrong, but that is just my take on it :-P I do think there are a lot of ignorant people though, who don't do any research before they make stupid comments about the surgery not even existing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dani, I like reading your take on it. I thought about what you mentioned about her not having braces, but I'm not sure because I haven't seen a picture of her in...Well,, I don't remember the last picture I saw of her in a very long time. But you could definitely be correct! A plastic surgeon could have even told her about our type of procedure and said "oh just say you had that and throw people off" haha.
    But we also know how different someone can look from one picture to another, and where those differences occur. So who knows.
    Either way, I don't know why so many people care when someone actually does have plastic surgery. If it's not on your body, it's really not any of your business to be concerned with in my opinion haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. im on the same page as dani, i mean from the pics ive seen it didnt look like she had an overbite, there are pictures of here smiling and here smile look perfect but then again pictures can hide alot. But i completly agree with you, corrective jaw surgery isnt plastic surgery, theres a reason oral surgeons do the surgery and not plastics sheesh..
    thats why i stopped commenting on yahoo and cnn posts, most of the time the comments people post piss me off cuz of all the ignorance.
    and your so right about that but thats people they care more about other people and their lives rather then their own..sad actually but thats life

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing whitney! Do you know when you'll get your braces off?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! ....See the most recent post haha. It looks like I'm ready, but we have to get this new issue sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete