Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 38

Today in my horribly long two and a half hour finance class I discovered I can feel two screws in my face. I was obviously really engaged in the lecture! I was just sitting there with my hands supporting my head because I'm lazy and was like "what the hell is that?" As I felt on each side of my nose there are DEFINITELY screws there hah. I thought I felt this a few weeks ago but I wasn't sure. Definitely screws. It feels really cool actually. I'm weird enough so I won't go around saying "Hey, do you want to feel the screws in my FACE?" I'll just keep it to myself I suppose.
It is kind of strange that they are up so high. But from what I have read, when your upper lip is cut, it is stretched basically up to your eyeballs. You like that??
I'll be sure to ask my surgeon next week at my appointment to confirm.

I have had some really long days this past week, and I can proudly say I'm not beyond exhausted like I typically always was before surgery. I sleep well and breathe well while doing it now and I feel good. Really, really good. It's 11 o'clock as I'm writing this and I've been up since 7 AM going full speed and I still feel great!
It's still painfully hard for me to wake up in the morning, but I think that's just me being allergic to any time that requires an alarm clock. Oh well.

Quick picture:

5 comments:

  1. Wow ur swelling has gone really down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy; your looking amazing!!
    ive been trying to feel the screws in my face but cant seem to feel it -.-

    wish you the best and be sure to post that answer if your lips are really stretched that much...(sounds so freaking cool if its true..)

    ReplyDelete
  3. whitney, how did you make your profile unavailable to the public but still so those of us bloggers could follow you and make posts? i want to set mine up this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really not sure. But it looks like yours is unavailable now...so i guess you found out? If not, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete