Saturday, January 22, 2011

Five Weeks!

Today marks five weeks!

Not really anything new to report.
Tuesday was exactly one month from surgery, and the day I went back to school. It was a lonnnngg day. Wednesday wasn't bad, because I just had one 2 and a half hour class and then I was able to go home. And Thursday was another long day, plus I went back to work that evening. But it wasn't bad, everyone was happy to see me, and it was a good night. I think a break was much needed from work anyway, because I was so burned out.
I also think the extra talking is helping me get back to my normal not lispy self. Sometimes I think I sound so weird, but everyone tells me I sound the same to them. I don't know.

It's been more difficult for me to stay on top of my exercises lately, since I haven't been spending so much time at home. I wonder what people would think if I did them in class haha. I try to do them while driving but I like to sing every song on the radio too much :) But my mouth does open a little wider than it did a few days ago!

Still numb in the same parts of my lips, chin, and all of my upper gums.

3 comments:

  1. heyyy; your blog is amazing and funny; lol
    you look amazing: i had the surgery about a week before you and just wondering what kind of surgery did you have? was it upper and lower or jus one jaw? 0.o
    that lisp is really hard to get rid off...S is now my enemy
    hope recovery goes by fast =)
    -Mai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thank you! And thanks for reading!
    Oh that's interesting you had your surgery a week before me! I just followed your blog, I gotta catch up!
    When are you allowed to start eating your normal diet again?
    I had both the upper and lower jaw surgeries. My upper jaw was moved up and my lower jaw was moved forward!
    Yeah I am not feelin this lisp at all.
    Hopefully we can get our S's under control haha

    I hope you continue having a smooth recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol; normal diet umm....i havent the slightest idea but looks to me like ur beating me in all the major milestones =(
    more importantly how was ur first real meal??
    O.o i kinda had the same surgery cept they had to move my lower jaw back
    agreed; apparently most of my vocabulary has the letter s -.-
    thank you and likewise; wiish you the best

    ReplyDelete