Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day Eight

Today was just a lazy Sunday spent watching Titanic and Forrest Gump haha.
I slept through the night last night! Actually I slept like 11 hours :) I was soo tired and I've actually been pretty tired today too. I think all the stuff I did Friday and Saturday was a lot for my body.

I noticed a few improvements today:
  • My jaw opens a little wider every day. I can open it about 15 millimeters today. Doesn't sound like much, but on Wednesday after my rubber bands were taken off, it opened less than half that wide. Now it's easier to use a spoon and brush my teeth. I am using a baby toothbrush because of the small space (it's really chic...red with Monkeys and bananas on it) and just yesterday I couldn't brush the backsides and chewing surfaces of my teeth because I couldn't open enough. But today I can!
  • Today my lower lip moves when I talk! Yay! 
  • And I can close my lips together! Obviously that takes a conscious effort though. When I'm just sitting "idle" my lips stay open for now. The amount of space they're open decreases every day though.
Only negative things:
  • My left jaw muscle feels like it's constantly cramping. It was like that for a little bit this morning after waking up, then it went away, and it's back again tonight
  • I'm HUNGRY. :)
I've decided I really like blogging, and apparently, a lot of people are reading it! I'm so glad everyone enjoys it! I would say I want to continue blogging after this experience is over, but my life is so not interesting enough for that. Maybe one day I will be a finance/investing/personal budgeting blogger. That would be cool. If school doesn't kill me before then. But this blog will go on for a while. I still have a long time for recovery and I'll have braces for at least 6-9 more months. I can't wait for the last post that shows all my before and after pictures and no braces!
Blogger, the host of my blog, has a Stats feature....My blog has been read by people in 10 countries! How crazy is that? And how did they find my blog? haha

Quick picture chillin on the couch with my phone because I'm feeling lazy:
























My lips are not shiny with lip gloss to get all glamorous for you guys. I keep vaseline slathered on them at all times because they are dryer than the Sahara and chap stick does not cut it.
Also, you can see the skin on my chin is very irritated from that bandage I had on a couple of days. It's taking a long time to heal but it looks better today. It's the least of my worries though.

Tomorrow I go to the oral surgeon again for a check up! I hope I've been cleaning my mouth well and he can tell me everything looks great again! Three-four times a day, I rinse my mouth with water through a syringe, then brush my teeth, then rinse my mouth with water in the syringe again, then rinse my mouth with Peridex in the syringe. It better be clean!

2 comments:

  1. wow you look great! makes me very hopeful and excited for surgery! u look like a totally different person than your before pic. have you gotten used to your new look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I really don't feel like I look that much different, personally. But yes, I have gotten used to it. I like when I catch my reflection of my profile in the corner of my eye or look in the mirror! I can already feel the benefits, so I definitely suggest going through with it. I have a longggg way to go with swelling and it will take time, so keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete