Thursday, December 30, 2010

Day Twelve

I was feeling a little bit better today and not in such a grumpy mood. I spent most of the day resting....more.

My swelling went down a teeny tiny bit and I rarely have pain, but my numbness hasn't changed. The left half of my upper lip is numb, as well as the right half of my lower lip. Also, to the left of my nose on my cheek, the roof of my mouth and my chin in random spots. Lately my chin has been tingling constantly. I'm glad the nerves are already "waking up!" I'm still doing my lip "exercises" three times a day, and I can tell they've worked and my lips move more.

Tonight my boyfriend came over and my mom made us the best dinner ever. They ate steak that made my mouth water. But my mom made me grilled Tilapia, a baked potato, and I ate some of the sauteed mushrooms for their steaks and it was all delicious! Took me forever to eat it, but it was really good.
It still hurts sooo bad to smile and laugh, especially when I laugh really hard. My boyfriend is the funniest person in the world, and keeps me laughing and then saying "OW MY MOUTH!" and then laughing more. Actually I think I tore some of my stitches tonight or something, because this one time my mouth hurt worse than usual when I was laughing, and kept hurting for a few minutes. But now my smile is bigger and doesn't hurt so much when I laugh, so maybe some of them got pulled out or something.
After that I rinsed the 30 pounds of food stuck in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment