Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day One

Today I woke up at the hospital and was happy to be going home! I got home around noon I think. I had this moment where I panicked about not being able to breathe through my nose and was upset I couldn't take my pain medicine because it was so big and my teeth were held together by really tight rubber bands. So all the changes and the pain and all the medicine I had been given at the hospital caught up with me and I was definitely a handful for my mom for a little bit.
We finally had to crush all my medicines, dilute them with water and suck them up with a syringe. GROSS.
Lortab and Ibuprofen literally feel like they burn my mouth and throat away and the antibiotic tastes like nail polish remover smells. I found out later that chocolate Ensure covers up the taste okay. So I guess two awful tastes cancel out each other!

Most of this day is kinda fuzzy to me too I guess because of all the pain medicine and I was SO drowsy all day. I slept a lot, watched a lot of tv and just tried to get used to everything.

My face was the size of a pumpkin, by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment