Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day Ten

Today was a fun day because I had the opportunity to get out of the house!
I spent the whole morning/early afternoon getting myself ready. I feel like a baby because it takes hours to get me ready to go anywhere. I get up and eat Ensure (is it sad that it doesn't taste that bad anymore?) take ibuprofen, clean my mouth and chill on the couch for a little bit. Then I take a shower and try to do something with my pumpkin face and do my hair and get dressed. By this time I'm hungry again so I spend forever trying to eat and then clean my mouth again. By this time, my friend Aida (a different one than mentioned last week(: ) and her boyfriend Ray were here. We played around here for a little bit then headed downtown to the aquarium!! I had never been before but have wanted to for years. What an amazing place! We got to pet sting rays, a shark, starfish and shrimp and saw SO MUCH. I had no idea it was so big and it's so peaceful to watch everything. I also think it's so cool my dad ran all the water lines for those fish to be happy and swim in their water. I also figured out that the aquarium on a crowded day is good birth control. I have never heard so many bratty screaming kids in my life. These kids are watching cute penguins swim around, and otters play, and hundreds of fish swimming above and around them and all they want to do is fucking cry and scream? Their parents are doing everything they can to spend the day with their kid and spend all this money to make them happy and they have to act like that. Ugh..kids. Shut up.
Okay, anyway, it is really an amazing place and I want to go back when they are finished with the dolphin exhibit in 2011. After that, we met 2 of Ray's friends at The Vortex in Little Five Points. I had a good time, but felt really rude for not socializing very much with our company. I have just gotten to the point now where it's so difficult to talk I just don't even bother half the time when I have something to say.
We had an appetizer of cheese ball popper things, which we thought would be soft. No. But Aida is the sweetest person in the world and sat there and cut off all the batter in little pieces so I could eat just the cheese on the inside haha Isn't she awesome?
I looked over the menu and found basically the only thing I could eat, which was chili, so that's what I got. All the burgers looked SO AMAZING. Ugh torture. Burgers and fries are my favoriteeee. But my chili was good, just really thick and had a lot of stuff in it so it was harder to eat than I thought it would be. I also managed to eat a couple of Aida's fries...the soggy mushy ones. I gave up after a while though.
I didn't feel tired for most of the day, but when I got home it really hit me. But we did do a lot of walking today.

I laughed a lot with Aida and Ray and I swear it made my smile a little bigger, but it hurts so bad to laugh. My mouth starts to smile and all my stitches snatch it back and say "I DON'T THINK SOOO." But I try to anyway. Laughing is my favorite.

I should have taken a picture today, but I forgot. But the following picture accurately depicts my face shape and my smile:

No comments:

Post a Comment