Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day Five

Today was just another day of being a couch potato resting and trying to keep my tummy full with liquid. I've lost 8+ pounds. This sounds like a lot, but I'm not surprised. I ate total garbage all day every day before this and honestly would not be surprised if I ate at least 4000+ calories a day. Now I definitely don't get a lot of fat or anywhere close to the normal amount of calories, so I figured I would lose weight fast. I'll take care of that when this jaw gets in tip top shape! I can't imagine how awesome real food must taste right now. Today I had a craving for my weakness...french fries! Ahh. Oh well.

I got a little bored today. I can't find a good movie I feel like paying attention to, so I just watch old episodes of Teen Mom and Keeping Up With the Kardashians on demand. Those definitely don't require much of an attention span.

I had trouble sleeping last night because I kept waking up to my jaw "slipping" and feeling locked out of placed. It was weird and hurt kinda bad. Plus my body is just sick of sleeping only on my back. Hopefully tonight my lower jaw can find where it's supposed to go and I can find a comfy position.

I'm still really numb and can't expect that to be better until a month to 6 months. Gotta have patience! But that's why it's so hard to eat and talk. The strangest sensation is when I can feel an itch on my cheek, but when I scratch it I feel nothing except that the itch goes away. I don't actually feel the scratch haha

I'm excited for tomorrow because it's Christmas Eve! I think I'll actually wear real clothes tomorrow and try to do my hair and make up a little bit. I think Aida is coming to visit and later I'll get to spend time with some of my family and finally Aid! Christmas Eve dinner obviously won't be the same,, but I'll make the best of it with my syringe and blender.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment