Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Day Four

Today I got to go to the oral surgeon! My whole day basically revolved around it. I had to make sure I had eaten, was presentable, had all my medicine taken, and rinsed my mouth a million times. All that stuff takes like an entire day.
The surgeon was SO happy with surgery and said it went even better than he could have expected. He was also impressed I only lost 260 cc's of blood. Whatever that means. He cleaned my mouth really well, looked in my nose and pulled out a HUGE blood clot booger (sorry) and I could breathe! He also took out the rubber bands and did x rays. He kept going on and on about how great surgery was, so that is wonderful!!!! Hey, by the way, my teeth FIT TOGETHER. What a miracle! I also got the chin bandage taken off and caught myself doing a double take in the mirror because my profile already looks good! Even though my head is the size of texas. He said I just need to hang in there and in two weeks I will feel incredible! Can't wait! I have to go back Monday for another check up. He moved me to soft soupy foods also!

I was really happy after leaving the surgeon, but a little bit later at home I got kind of emotional. I think it was a combo of adjusting to the new feeling of my mouth, the fact I had trouble eating with a spoon because of my numbness, I still can't talk well, I miss everyone, and just watching tv makes me realize how much I can't do. I watch everyone smile and think about how I can't wait to be able to talk, smile, laugh, scream, cry, kiss, LICK MY LIPS. Everything. I am someone that tries really hard not to take things for granted, but I guess there are some things that still get overlooked. I just can't wait to get back to my normal routine, and I think tonight was just the time it all set in that it's gonna be different for a while. I was okay though, my mom and Aid made me feel a lot better.

Here's a picture I took after getting home from the OS.























I see improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment