Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day Three

Last night was so bad!
Right before bed I decided to take a shower and thought I'd feel better. No. I guess all of the movement after being so sedentary for a long time, and taking so much medicine several times a day. all caught up at one time and I got really sick. I sat in the recliner shaking and going from hot to cold and panicking about feeling so nauseous and how I could throw up. Plus I had just taken Lortab and I think it made me kind of...weird. I was just really scared and had never experienced anything like that before and was begging my mom to take me to the hospital, and telling her something was wrong, and said I felt like I'd rather die than live through this. She knew I was okay, just really sick from so much medicine and being so weak so she sat with me for hours just telling me I'd be okay and to calm down. A couple of times I got really hard to handle. I didn't mean to, I was just terrified and not in the right state of mind. Finally after three hours I projectile vomited everywhere and then continued throwing up and dry heaving a few more times until like 5 AM. It is so scary knowing you can't open your mouth at all, both of your jaws and chin are broken in like 10 places, everything in your body is about to come flying out of your mouth at 100 MPH and you can't do a thing about it. This has been so much for my mom, I don't know what I would do without her.


So, all day today I was terrified of the thought of getting nauseous again and since then I have avoided Lortab at all costs and try to just get by with the Ibuprofen. Most of the time it works fine, and the pain hasn't been unbearable. But I can definitely tell when it's time to take more. Also, my mom had to work today, so my dad came to stay with me. Dad's are so great, but they aren't Mommy's and I have really needed my Mommy this week.

I don't think anything else significant happened today.

No comments:

Post a Comment