Friday, December 31, 2010

Day Thirteen/New Year's Eve

Today was a lazy day with Aid. This morning I made us pancakes and eggs and they were pretty good and easy to eat! Definitely better than dumb Ensure. I did have this moment today where I just felt so ugly and frustrated with how I look. I'm just scared I won't be happy, all I want is to be happy. My doctor said that 80% of my swelling would be gone around this time, and I just can't believe this is 80% gone, because I feel huge. But I got over it pretty fast today.
Later, before going out, we went to see "Little Fockers," so there was more laughing! But like I said yesterday, it didn't seem to hurt as much anymore. Then we met up with friends and went to a bar that had this awesomee rock band playing. They're called RATL and they play a lot of classic rock, and some 90's and Today. It's very apparent that I grew up in the wrong generation, because when you get me around some Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Def Leppard etc, I absolutely go crazy! I LOVE that music and dance and play my air guitar uncontrollably. "Freebird" really gets me in rare form. Everyone seemed to have such a great time, including me! I did get really tired, and did a LOT of talking and yelling, so by the end of the night my jaw was hurting just a little. I have to say, although I have mastered drinking from a cup again, drinking alcohol is just weird...especially out of a beer bottle and champagne flute. But I didn't drink a lot. And, being the exceptional ortho patient I am, I remembered to rinse my mouth and brushed my teeth at 2 AM before bed.
Here's a funny picture from around that time:



















That's the syringe I use for rinsing my mouth. We had just gotten back in and Aid and his boys were acting like fools in the kitchen so I ran in there with it full of Peridex and they thought I had a huge needle haha it was so funny watching them run away and freak out.

Now for some mugshots:
I think my swelling has gone down more on the right side, and is much more obvious on the left:


























My funny little smile. At least a little more tooth is showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment